Community problem solvingJune 21, 2017
Develop an analytics-driven organizationJune 21, 2017
Unit 6 assignment:
Topic: The need of sidewalks in neighborhoods, in this particular case, the Ysleta Independent School District in El Paso, TX
My thesis: To solve the problem of pedestrian accidents, the Texas Streets and Maintenance Department should build more sidewalks to increase pedestrian safety.
An Annotated Bibliography organizes your research by way of APA citations and a short paragraph about each source. For this Assignment, you will create an Annotated Bibliography for four sources related to an argument for change. One of the sources should address an opposing viewpoint or misconception related to your topic. Your instructor will provide insightful feedback on the sources you find so you can determine whether to use them in the Unit 8 Assignment, a persuasive research essay.
The following aspects are required for your Annotated Bibliography Assignment:
- Title page in APA manuscript format.
- Your revised thesis statement for an argument for change in your community or workplace.
- Four primary and secondary sources; one source should be a periodical or ebook, preferably from the Kaplan Library.
- Sources that would be appropriate are as follows:
- Book, ebook, article, or a chapter from book or ebook
- Periodical (e.g., newspaper, magazine, journal article)
- Internet source (e.g., blog, organization website, article from Internet site)
- Video or audio source (e.g., documentary, video blog, TED Talks , podcast)
- A primary source in which the authors of the content are the primary researchers (the ones who conducted research), e.g., a government report, case study, or speech
- At least one source should address an opposing viewpoint or misconception.
- APA citation for each source (this is the information you would normally include on a references page).
- Annotation for each source, which must include each of the following in a full paragraph:
- Brief summary of the source (no direct quotes from the source) and a parenthetical citation after the summary, e.g., (Smith, 2014)
- Evaluation of the source’s credibility, including the author’s credentials and the verifiability of the source’s information; this should include where you found the source (KU Library, Google search engine, government website, etc.)
- Discussion about the source’s usefulness to your argument for change in your community or workplace
- All writing must be in Standard American English.
- Use APA manuscript format throughout the Assignment.
To help you complete this Assignment successfully, please review the resources noted below, including relevant articles from Kaplan University Writing Center that discuss how to write an annotated bibliography, find/evaluate research, and use APA citations. The previously noted Learning Activities related to evaluating sources will also help in your writing of this Assignment.
- KUWC: “How to Write an Annotated Bibliography ”
- KUWC: “Common Citations in APA Format ”
- KUWC: “Citing Sources Tutorial” (video)
- KUWC: “Internet-Only Sources” (podcast or transcript)
- KUWC: “APA Sample Title Page” (video or PDF)
"Is this question part of your assignment? We Can Help!"