Is it important to you that leaders exercise professional advocacy and authenticity as well as power and influence when working with colleagues? Why or why not?August 25, 2018
Now that you know a little more about creative problem solving and the importance of health literacy, you will take the next step to approaching a problem by completing the initial phase of Creative Problem SolvingAugust 25, 2018
The Case Study Approach and Problem Scoping
In this Module 4 Case Assignment you will build upon the Problem Scoping analysis you prepared in your Module 3 SLP assignment by:
- Developing three alternative solutions that address the problem definition and criteria that you identified.
- Comparing the pros and cons of those three alternatives.
- Selecting the best alternative.
- Developing a logical argument to support your choice.
You will apply these same analytic skills throughout your health sciences program, and they will serve you very well in your professional life.
Use the Evaluate Alternative Solutions Template to complete your Case Assignment.
Note: Developing alternative solutions is essentially a brainstorming process. What can you do to solve the problem? That is an alternative. Proposed alternatives should be consistent with the problem(s) that you identified in your Module 3 SLP assignment.
Developing a list of good alternatives involves creativity and avoiding preconceived attitudes (knee-jerk solutions) and assumptions. Guidelines for alternative development include:
- DON’T SETTLE FOR YOUR FIRST IDEA!
- Good designers try to generate as many possible solutions as they can before choosing one that they feel is the best. This creative process of developing ideas is called ideation.
- Methods of ideation include:
- Examine existing solutions
- Conduct brainstorming sessions. Remember the first rule of brainstorming – every idea is a viable one.
- Develop as many alternatives as possible. When you are done, try to categorize your alternatives. Then develop three alternatives.
- Sketching and doodling to create pictures of possible solutions.
This assignment needs to be completed in paragraph format using full sentences. Insert the decision table you made into your Word document. Use this Insert Table file demonstrating techniques to Insert Tables into Word Documents.
"Is this question part of your assignment? We Can Help!"