ABC/123 Version X
|Daoism, Confucianism, Shinto Summary
REL/133 Version 6
University of Phoenix Material
Complete all three parts of the assignment.
Use Experiencing the World’s Religions and other sources in your research as you respond.
Write a 75-word response for each of the following questions:
1. Describe the principles of yang and yin.
2. The main scripture in Daoism is the Daodejing (Tao Te Ching). What is the history and importance of this text for the tradition?
3. How are Daoist ideals expressed through art? Offer several examples.
4. What challenges does Daoism face in the modern world?
5. Explain a situation to which following the Daoist principle of wu wei might be beneficial to you or others. In what situation might following the principle of wu wei be harmful in some way?
Write a 175- to 350-word summary on Confucianism that addresses the following topics:
· What are the Five Great Relationships?
· How is the morally upright person to act?
· What is the role of Confucianism in Chinese culture and society today?
Write a 175- to 350-word summary of Shinto practices that still exist today.
Copyright © XXXX by University of Phoenix. All rights reserved.
Copyright © 2016, 2015 by University of Phoenix. All rights reserved.