WCSS6051 Week 3 Assignment 1 Summarizing Main Points
Assignment 1: Summarizing Main Points
It’s time to give it a try! You have critically read your selected journal article, made notes, and outlined the main points. You will now put pen to paper (metaphorically, at least) and write a single first-draft paragraph, summarizing one of the article’s main points, chosen from your Week 2 outline.
To prepare for this Assignment:
· Choose one main point from Week 2 Assignment Critical Reading and Outlining.
· Review the Learning Resources related to summary and academic integrity.
· Review the content of your selected journal article.
Compose a first-draft paragraph summarizing one of the article’s main points. Remember that you are writing a first draft; the important thing is to begin committing your ideas in writing. While you should always strive for the best writing possible, at this stage, do not dwell too much on each word or overly edit your work. We will be spending the next weeks revising. Your submission should be 1 paragraph long.
WCSS6051 Week 3 Discussion: Reflecting on Your Writing Summary and Academic Integrity
For this Discussion, you will reflect on your own writing in relation to summary and academic integrity. Based on what you have learned from the week’s Learning Resources, you will share your thoughts and experiences on summarizing with academic integrity.
To prepare for this Discussion
· Read the Learning Resources on effective summary academic integrity.
· Reflect on your writing process in relation to summary and academic integrity. You may even choose to consider how you approached this specific Assignment in relation to summary and academic integrity.
Post by Day 3 a 1-to-2-paragraph reflection on your summary skills, including any strengths as well as weaknesses. (Note: You may choose to reflect specifically on how you will apply the effective summary concepts in this week’s Assignment.) Be sure to address any strategies you may have to ensure academic integrity in your writing.