Important note regarding Individual Projects in Units 1–5: This course uses a series of progressive Individual Projects in which you will focus on a real world and publicly-held health care organizationDecember 27, 2017
You were recently hired as an Occupational Safety and Health consultant for Gemstone Fabricators, which is a medium sized manufacturing facility that makes stainless steel counters, containers, and carts for the food prep and restaurant industriesDecember 27, 2017
UNCW Dare to Learn Academy (2016). Full Cycle Performance:
Employee Empowerment Virtual Workshop (for employees).
Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gHxEphVZpI.
Standard YouTube license.
In this assignment, you are asked to prepare a 10-minute video (or PowerPoint slide presentation with voice over), responding to the following:
- Provide a short introduction to your talk.
- Following the golden circle, start with the why and describe with passion and purpose what you do at work.
- Brainstorm what you might want to include as your own goals. (Include your list either within your talk, or as an extra file.) Consider the following questions and briefly answer them as you prepare your brainstorming list:
- What can your supervisor do to help you do your job more effectively?
- How can your supervisor assist in furthering your career growth?
- What do you feel are going to be your biggest challenges this year?
- What training, development, or resources do you want/need to be successful?
- What would you like to say 12 months from now that you currently cannot say? How can your supervisor help?
- What would you like to accomplish this year?
- Develop 3-4 Smarter Goals based on your information above and discuss them in your talk. (Be sure to also show your goals in visual form).
- Provide a short conclusion to your presentation.
"Is this question part of your assignment? We Can Help!"